Friday, May 28, 2004

Justice
Let me just say this. I'm not terribly fond of some of the quasi-authoritarian things that are going on in Vladimir Putin's Russia, but as long as he limits his attacks to the oligarchs, that's fine with me. The oligarchs raped and looted their own country during the turbulent privitization (or piratization) of the Soviet Union's old assest. These guys are not Andrew Carnagie, they are legitimate robber barons, emphasis on "robber."

Swagger
Rasheed Wallace is the man. I have denounced the NBA for years; so, I cannot become a supporter now that my "hometown" team is doing well. But I watch enough ESPN to have heard his guarantee of vitory in Game 2. (The Pistons did indeed win, and also triumphed in Game 3.) And I love it. Look at the footage of the guarantee, look at his face. This was no boastful, arrogant guarantee, this was a guarantee from a proud man who was pissed off. This wasn't a "those chumps got nothin'" guarantee, this was a "I will not lose to these bastards" guarantee. And best of all, he backed it up.

Arrogance is a bad thing; swagger is a priceless good.

And I hope the Pistons do triumph over the Pacers, for the same reason I hope the Tigers finish above .500, because it would be good for Detroit. God bless Detroit.

Crap
The Strokes

H-A-D
Have a targeted day.

No comments: