Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Vote For Kodos
I just brought in the mail and there is a new issue of Esquire for me. Yay! On the cover, not the central thrust of the cover, but on the cover nonetheless, is a picture of Senator Kerry and the caption "John Kerry, Political Badass." Now, I have not yet read the article, and I'm sure when I do it will be highly entertaining (Charlie Pierce, the article's author, is hands down the magazine's best writer). But just on the surface, I must agree. John Kerry is, indeed, a political badass. After all, it is so incredibly hard to get elected as a Democratic senator in Massachusetts. I mean, that's as hard as a Democrat being elected mayor of Detroit, or a Mormon being elected governor of Utah. And John Kerry has done it. Wow. Yes, I'm sure he's quite the badass.

Whack-A-Mole: If At First You Don't Succeed...
Okay, so the first round of Whack-A-Mole was a disaster. So, I shall try again. Surely, one of you lefties must be willing to rise to the challenge. I admit, I have a pretty dim view of Senator Kerry, but I am not in love with President Bush either: I didn't support either tax cut, I support gay marriage, John Ashcroft gives me the willies. I can be turned here, people! I am willing to vote for Kerry... if one of you can convince me. I know many of my readers have center-left to left political leanings, and I know at least The Watergirl and Saturday Night are flaming pinko Commies. Surely, one of you true believers has the mettle to convert me. If you would like to try, please send a brief statement of why you think you're the right man for the job (yes, women can also be the right man for the job... sheesh, get over yourself, you PC thug) to rebelblackdot@gmail.com.

No comments: