Sunday, September 18, 2016

Project BLACK MAMBA: XXV Sunday in Ordinary Time

'Tis the Twenty-fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time: Wikipedia-link.

Otherwise, 18 September would be the feast of Saint Hygbald, Abbot, O.S.B. (died circa 690, A.K.A. Hibald, etc.): Saint-link ūnus, Saint-link duo, & Wikipedia-link.

Commentary: Wayback Machine.

'Twould also be the feast of Saint Richardis of Swabia, Abbess, O.S.B. (circa 840-895, A.K.A. of Andlau), Holy Roman Empress: Saint-link ūna, Saint-link duae, & Wikipedia-link.

'Twould also be the feast of Saint Joseph of Cupertino, Priest, O.F.M. Conv. (1603-1663): Saint-link ūnus, Saint-link duo, Saint-link trēs, & Wikipedia-link.

Scripture of the Week
Mass Readings
The Book of Amos, chapter eight, verses four thru seven;
Psalm One Hundred Thirteen, verses one, two, & four thru eight;
The First Letter to Timothy, chapter two, verses one thru eight;
The Gospel according to Luke, chapter sixteen, verses one thru thirteen;
(or, the Gospel according to Luke, chapter sixteen, verses ten thru thirteen).

Bonus! Song of the Lord's Day
The Proclaimers, "Wages of Sin" from Notes & Rhymes (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary:
"I've lead an average life,
I've told the truth and I have lied.
But I need a few more years
To help build up the credit side.

"So I hope (Hope, hope, hope and pray)
And I pray (Hope, hope, hope and pray)
That the wages of sin aren't paid today.
Yeah, I hope (Hope, hope, hope and pray)
And I pray (Hope, hope, hope and pray)
That the wages of sin aren't paid today…"

No comments: