Thursday, September 1, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Star Trek Song of the Day


William Shatner featuring Brad Paisley, "Real" from Has Been (The Last Angry Trekkie)

Captain's Log:
"I have saved the world in the movies, so naturally there's folks who think I must know what to do. But just because you're seen me on your T.V. doesn't mean I'm any more enlightened than you.

"And while there's a part of me
In that guy you've seen
Up there on that screen,
I am so much more.
And I wish I knew
The things you think I do,
I would change this world for sure,
But I eat and sleep and breath and bleed and feel,
Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm real.

"I'd love to help the world end all it's problems, but I'm just an entertainer and that's all. So the next time there's an asteroid or a natural disaster, I'm flattered that you thought of me, but I'm not the guy to call.

"And while there's a part of me, etc.

"And while there's a part of me in that guy you've seen up there on that screen, I am so much more… I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm real."

No comments: