Sunday, September 3, 2017

Operation ÖSTERREICH

After an interminable delay, I've acquired a new scale that operates on easy-to-find AAA batteries, instead of a difficult-to-find watch-type battery. My thanks to "Mean Gene" (who is a really nice guy) for giving me the kick in the arse I needed, after I made a wisecrack at my own expense about weighing way too much.

First Baseline Weigh-in
Last weigh-in: 339.8 lbs (Wednesday, 20 August 2014)
This weigh-in: 348.8 lbs. (Friday, 25 August 2017)
Difference: +9.0 lbs.

Second Baseline Weigh-in
Last weigh-in: 348.8 lbs (Friday, 25 August 2017)
This weigh-in: 348.0 lbs. (Sunday, 3 September 2017)
Difference: -0.8 lbs.

The good news is that I weigh less than three hundred fifty pounds, which came as quite a surprise to me; I'd have guessed my own weight at approximately three seventy. The bad news is that I weigh darned near three hundred fifty pounds, which is way, way too much by any reckoning. Some kind souls try to tell me that I'm a naturally heavy fellow, & that may well be true, but even a naturally heavy fellow could stand to lose a hundred pounds. After all, two fifty is still quite heavy for a guy who stand one-eighth of an inch shy of six feet tall. (Yes, my driving license lists my height as 6'0", but at last measure I'm actually 5'11 7/8" tall. Operation ÖSTERREICH: Secrets reveled!)

Right now, I weigh a shade under twenty-five stone (three hundred fifty pounds). My ultimate goal, set rather arbitrarily, is to weigh fifteen stone (two hundred ten pounds). Is this achievable? Let's find out! The Weekly Wednesday Weigh-in resumes in three days.

Weekly Wednesday Weigh-in
Last weigh-in: 348.4 lbs (baseline)
This weigh-in: ?
Difference: +/- ? lbs.

No comments: