Friday, February 7, 2003

House of Delicious Candies 26, Futsunami 10
Suddenly, the co-rec team has become absolutely badass. Lifeguard Girl and Barkey were everywhere at once at mid and Palmer was a beast and a half. He's little, but scrappy as all hell; the size of the fight in the dog, made manifest. Though still tentative before the game, both Katie and Whitney provided truly monster D. The Martels, Kevin and Kristina, buried shot after shot at forward. We were organized, we were disciplined, we were ferocious. I don't know if we're good enough to make it past the next round, but all of a sudden the fate of the House has become much more important to me. We're not yet as crisp as the All-Stars, but damned if we're not getting there. All the better, at the end of the game one of the Futsunami girls refused to shake my hand (I didn't even guard her most of the game). They got smoked and they knew it. Man, I love sore losers.Stay tuned for the further exploits of the Genesee County All-Stars and the House of Delicous Candies.

It's playoff time, baby!

I was never in High Potential and, yes, I am bitter about it. I was going to be in HP in fifth grade, but then Jared DeLine moved to town and took my spot. Of course, the last time I was at Mongolian I recognized him working as a busboy. Perfect. (Almost every time I go home, I go to Oliver T's. usually, Chris Harris is working the register. I've talked to him more buying Jones Soda at Oliver T's than I did in all our years of mutual public education.)

I dropped my discman today. I'm glad I got the first drop out of the way so relatively early. It's still working fine. As I type I'm greatly enjoying MxPx's Ten Years and Running. Truly one of America's best bands.

No comments: