Thursday, February 6, 2003

IMing with Skeeter, trying to explain Iran-Contra to her. Iran-Contra cannot be explained, it's too wacky. I am her geopolitical/historical whore: be it Iran-Contra or the Fourth Crusade, I've got what you need, baby.

Reality bites: Lindsay and her boyfriend have been dating for at least six months. I have to give up on her. I don't want to, but this waiting in killing me. Somebody, please, give me a reason to move on. Sorry, sorry, I don't mean to whine. Well, I do, I just don't want to seem whiny while doing it. I need a reason to move on. I will always care for Lindsay, maybe I will always love her, but I can't keep my whole life on hold until she "comes to her senses" as I have been. (Thanks, Skeet.) I need a reason to move on. Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

Reading National Geographic at work, I realized Lisa's right. Some issues are mind-numbingly boring. But then I read the article about Sudan; if we remain involved as we have been since 9/11, we can save those poor people. The war on terror may be the salvation of the world. It would be bad for the U.N. to go the way of the League of Nations, but maybe necessary.

No comments: