Monday, March 10, 2003

From Chuck Palahniuk's Invisible Monsters: "When did the future go from being a promise to a threat?" Also, from Choke, I'm in love with Paige Marshall. (If you've read Choke, you know how wrong that is.)

Right now I'm reading three books: A Clockwork Orange, which Zach Nie! loaned to me unrequested; Warriors Don't Cry, on requested loan from the Flying Dutchman; and The Oxford Illustrated History of Modern War, which I brought from home. That is my book, not one of Dad's. Zach kept my Green Arrows for a really long time; consequently, I feel no pressure to get the book back to him anytime soon. Plus, I truly hated the movie; so, it's been hard for me to get into the book. After these three, I have to read Joseph Heller's Something Happened and the anthology The China Reader: The Reform Era. Dry, but informative. And Chuck Palahniuk's Lullaby as soon as it comes out in paperback. So, a novel, a recounting of the civil rights movement, an anthology about modern war, a novel, the workings of the modern Middle Kingdom, and a novel. Maybe I read too many novels? Nah. The China Reader is interesting, but I need novels to break up the monotony.

I bought two GCAS shirts; so, basically, I can wear one all the time. Sweet!

The current Guster crew: the Bald Mountain, The Watergirl, Neutral Man, and me.

No comments: