Thursday, March 13, 2003

Neville, dreadful recession is what happens when a bubble bursts. Silicon Valley is a victim of its own hubris. It's unfortunate that so many people are out of work, but that's what happens when overvalued businesses run headlong into the immovable wall of reality. Consider the example of Flint, Michigan. Flint was a one horse town; that horse was the auto industry, specifically General Motors. With GM largely gone, Flint is now largely dead. There's a lesson in there, I'm sure, a lesson about not putting all of your economic eggs in one basket.

Rereading some old issues of Green Lantern, I'm reminded of how much I miss the real Kyle Rayner. Yeah, I know he's a fictional person, but I still miss the fictional person he used to be. Under his current writer's reign of terror, he has become unrecognizable. I miss his old up-and-coming archenemy Effigy, too; way better than the poor man's Sinestro he tangles with these days. Sigh. Even if the future isn't very bright (I'm unfamiliar with the incoming writer's work), at least the current hack will be gone soon. And bring back Kyle's original costume, dammit!

The Evil Princess will be back in Michigan sometime in the next couple of days! Huzzah!

No comments: