Friday, March 21, 2003

I think my examples are too obscure. For instance, how many of my readers have heard of Arbenz? How many could point out Guatamala on a map with no names? On the other hand, I refuse to lower the level of the discourse. I just won't. Here's a hint: 1954.

Dad gave me leave to preorder the rest of Deep Space Nine with his credit card; so, a few moments ago I did. Too cool. I think I'll ask for the fourth season (August 12) as a birthday present and the seventh season (December 8) as a Christmas gift. (The idea is not mine, I stole it from the Mountain.) Since I won't have a stable address between now and the end of the year, I'm having them all shipped home. Dad will have to ship them from home to wherever I am, but that is a reasonable price for being able to buy them all now and paying Dad back in installments. When he's being nice, my dad is a really generous individual. But then Mr. Hyde comes out to play and it is all too easy to forget the kindnesses of Dr. Jekyll. Such a horribly conflicted man... and in ever so many ways I am frighteningly like him.

I hate hippies; so, I'm actually glad they're rioting in San Francisco, showing their true colors. I do feel a great sympathy for the normal citizens of that beautiful city, held hostage by the very vagabonds they thought made their town so special. Those whom gods destroy they first make proud.

No comments: