Friday, March 7, 2003

Genesee County All-Stars 1, Bandito's 0
I just got home from the GCAS banquet at Bandito's; if you're Catholic and go to a Mexican restaurant on a Lenten Friday, be prepared to eat a lot of beans. Man oh man, it was absolutely incredible being in the company of those guys. Barkey, I must say, is one of the best storytellers I have ever heard; the man holds his audience in the palm of his hand, yet makes them feel as if they're a part of the story. Barkey, Purman, Sal, Palmer, Lubes, Dave, G, Keanu, Tad, and I; Martel and the Mountain couldn't make it, unfortunately. We finally got the shirts, designed by Mr. Luke Emeott (Grand Blanc, class of '98), and they are fabulous. The Bobcat and the Horse (the Powers Chargers) united, astride two innertubes, gigantic codpieces swaying in the breeze. The All-Stars team is an extention of the Grand Blanc Swimming and Diving family, my family. If you want to understand me, begin by understanding how much this all means to me.

No comments: