Thursday, August 19, 2004

Call it religious snobbery, call it what you will, but it pisses me off to no end when people call the Dahli Lama "His Holiness the Dahli Lama." You never hear anyone who isn't Catholic say "His Holiness the Pope," they just say "the Pope." So why in the name of all that's dark and profane does the Dahli Lama get such preferential treatment? "Ooo ooo, look at me, I think I'm special because I was declared a religious leader when I was just a baby!" Jackass.

I have a skull-and-crossbones tattooed on my arm and a skull-and-crossswords displayed on my T-shirt. I'm allowed to be as hostile as I damn well please.

Friendster
In the continuing struggle to understand what the hell Friendster is for (help? anyone?), I have been reading a great many profiles. Some people are clever, most are not, some people post many fuzzy and blurry photos, some people post drawings or images on the famous (is this supposed to be clever?). The common thread is the narrowing of my eyes. I'll be reading a profile and like a bolt from the gray, thundering sky my senses ar assaulted by someone's bad taste. People love awful movies, people worship terrible music. When that happens, I narrow my eyes. I've been narrowing my eyes a lot lately.

Crap
...is being indefinitely suspended. This is not because I've run out of bands to criticize, but because I've lost interest in the endeavour.

H-A-N
Have a Hawaiian night.

No comments: