Tuesday, August 3, 2004

Democracy in Action
Man oh man, do I love voting. It's August, which means only primaries and local issues, but I still love voting just the same. Going to the polling place, seeing the friendly workers (invariably elderly) check my name on the voter rolls, solemnly approaching the booth. I could vote every day of the week and never get tired of it. My polling place is my grade school, McGrath Elementary, which is always fun to visit; last time the big show was in the small gym, but today we were in the big gym. Schweet. And today, McGrath's old principal, Mr. Swaim, was one of the volunteers. Neat! He was always a short guy (maybe 5'4"), but I haven't seen him since like 1990, and it was weird to tower of him as I did.

The best joke in the world: President Nixon's Head. "Morbo congratulates our gargantuan cyborg president. May death come quickly to his enemies."

New Amsterdam
The day after I leave New York City, the Statue of Liberty reopens. My timing is impeccable.

Crap
Anti-Flag

H-A-N
Have a formal night.

No comments: