Thursday, August 12, 2004

I'm a strong supporter of gay marriage, and any reservations I have expressed over the last few months have simply been concern about triggering a backlash (such as the President's proposed Constitutional amendment). That said, I think it is fairly obvious that as a matter of law Mayor Newsom overstepped his authority by issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples. I agree with his position that prohibiting gay marriage is an equal protection violation, but he's the Mayor of the City of San Francisco and has no more authority to decide how marriage will be enforced throughout the State of California than I do as a private citizen. Massachusetts remains alone.

Vote For Kodos
What I meant by yesterday's "Vote For Kodos" is that the United States of America and the Islamic Republic of Iran have been engaged in a cold war for the last twenty-five years. If the Iranians succeed in acquiring atomic weaponry, things can only end badly. Regardless of who is President at that moment, there will be blood, either American, Iranian, or Israeli.

Crap
Barry Manilow

H-A-N
.thgin sdrawkcab a evaH

No comments: