Sunday, August 15, 2004

Peril
Compared to my youth, in my old age I seem to have become a slob. This conlcusion came to me while I was vacuuming the interior of the Mousemobile earlier in the day. I have never before allowed my beloved auto to become that dirty. I mean, it was still relatively clean, but by my former standards it was a sty. It is time to return to those standards, by Jove. Also, Darth Vater and I applied some sealants and adhesives that should substantially cut down on the amounts of wind and rain that penetrate the exterior and infiltrate into the interior. The wind noise, especially on the freeway, should be greatly reduced, and raindrops will no longer keep falling on my head... or at least no longer on my shoulder. Minor issues all, but quality of life issues. Woot!

Halloween
Working for the past week or so on a story for "500 Words to Glory," I've been thinking about the members of the Rebel Black Dot Society. I'm still trying to figure out who they are as people. Primarily, I need to find Margaret's voice and make Scipio a real person. Then again, maybe I should just concentrate on make "Before the Perfect Lesbian" a decent story (as decent as any story can be in 500 words) and worry less about integrating it into the greater whole of "In Search of the Perfect Lesbian" (or In Search of the Perfect Lesbian).

Anyway, the larger story begins in the Fall (the weekend of the Homecoming game) and I've had the idea that one of the pivotal scens will take place at a Halloween party. I think the party will be wher Margaret decides she's going to pursue a romantic relationship with Kari Putterman, though she barely knows her and neither of them are lesbians. Or course, being me, one of my first concerns is costumes. As a kid, Halloween was a huge deal to me (trust me, mine were so much better than yours), and so I think it is not a trivial decision.

Margaret - R. Dorothy Wayneright from The Big O!

Pete Foster - The Sandman (Wesley Dodds) or Moshe Dayan; he might go as Jake Blues to Parker's Elwood.

Scipio Winter - Scipio Africanus or Moshe Dayan Dammit, somebody's going as Moshe Dayan!

Mary Peppard - The Penguin (from The Blues Brothers, not Oswald Cobblepot), or maybe Bleu Flanigan from Blue Monday.

Parker Peppard - He might go as Elwood Blues, with Pete as his Jake. After all, Parker already has P A R K E R tattooed across his knuckles. If not that, I dunno.

Kari Putterman - something hot, something that would catch Margaret's eye

Stacy Fahrenheit - I have no idea.

No comments: