Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Bonus! Girlfriend Song o' the Day

Smoking Popes, "Not That Kind of Girlfriend" from Plea for Peace (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary: Plea for Peace is an Asian Man Records compilation album, not a Smoking Popes album.
"I can see my life stretching out before me,
And it isn't really mine…
I don't wanna be held down,
I don't want to think about you when you're not around,
Listen to the crazy new sound,
The beat of a heart that is bigger than you know!

"Not that kind of girlfriend,
Not that kind of girlfriend,
Not that kind of girlfriend,
Not that kind of girlfriend.

"I can feel your arms tightening around me,
And I can't breathe.
Don't know who I am, what I believe in,
You're not helping.
I don't wanna wear your ring,
I just want to meet people I find interesting…"

No comments: