Monday, July 17, 2017

The Rebel Black Dot Girlfriend Song o' the Day

Elvis Costello, "Spooky Girlfriend" from When I Was Cruel (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary: I did not intend to include "Spooky Girlfriend" in the "girlfriend" series of R.B.D.S.O.T.D., which I thought concluded on Saturday with The Mr. T Experience's "New Girlfriend," but I woke up this morning with "Spooky Girlfriend" running through my head; so, here we are.
"I want a girl who has no past,
She's made up now, but that won't last,
'Cause when she sits on my knee
And then she whispers to me:

"'Can't you see,
Could be, could be,
Your spooky girlfriend,
I could be, I could be,
Your spooky girlfriend'…

"I want to paint you with glitter and with dirt,
Picture you with innocence and hurt,
The shutter closes, exposes the shot,
She says, 'Are you looking up my skirt?'
When you say, 'No,' she says, 'Why not?'…"

No comments: