Monday, July 10, 2017

The Rebel Black Dot Girlfriend Song o' the Day

No Doubt, "Ex-Girlfriend" from Return of Saturn (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary:
"Why'd you have to go and pick me
When you knew that we were different, completely?…

"I find myself trying to change you,
If you were meant to be my lover, I wouldn't have to…

"And I know that when see you I'm going to die,
I know I'm gonna want you and you know why,
It's going to kill me to see you with the next girl
'Cause I'm the most gorgeously jealous kind of ex-girl,
But I should have thought of that before we kissed.

"I kinda always knew I'd end up your ex-girlfriend,
I kinda always knew I'd end up your ex-girlfriend,
I hope I hold a special place with the rest of them,
I kinda always knew I'd end up your ex-girlfriend.

"I'm another ex-girlfriend on your list,
But I should have thought of that before we kissed,
I'm another ex-girlfriend on your list,
But I should have thought of that before we kissed."

No comments: