Thursday, July 6, 2017

The Rebel Black Dot Girlfriend Song o' the Day

Five Iron Frenzy, "Pre-Ex-Girlfriend" from Five Iron Frenzy 2: Electric Boogaloo (The Last Angry Man)

Skammentary: "Pre-Ex-Girlfriend" was one of this year's Anti-Valentine's Songs of the Day: Wayback Machine. Oh, yeah, I should totally have a girlfriend, because I'm not jaded or anything.
"She's so cool it's always eerie,
She's so fine I lost all hope…

"She said she hated Kenny G.,
That girl is way too good for me,
We'll break up before it starts,
She'll only tear my world apart…

"You might say she's everything
Just before everything goes wrong,
She's sunshine and lightning,
She pulls at my heartstrings,
She's stunning and then she's gone!

"The intellect that girl has,
She said, 'Death to false jazz!'
Like Kryptonite to Superman,
She's here to break my heart again…

"Watch her on the floor tonight,
Feel the crush she will incite,
Sparkable, she will ignite,
A beautiful sight!
Softer than the lightest snows,
Watch her as the moment slows,
In my face a door will close,
And there she goes!…"

No comments: