Thursday, July 20, 2017

The Rebel Black Dot Autobiographical Song o' the Day

William Shatner & Henry Rollins, "I Can't Get Behind That" from Has Been (The Last Angry Man)

Commentary: I've put a lot of prayer & meditation into understanding & disciplining the seemingly fathomless well of anger that leads my friends to call me The Last Angry Man. There is much in the world about which to be angry, righteously angry, without giving in to the sin of wrath. My aim has not been to become incapable of anger, God forbid we should overlook the lesson of the Christ's angrily driving the money-changers from the Temple, but to be the master of my anger, rather than letting it be the master of me, as was the case for so many years.

So let "I Can't Get Behind That" reassure you: I'm still angry & I still can't get behind that.
Rollins: "Yeah? Bill, can you turn around and do one more?"
Shatner: "Always can do one more."
Rollins: "Let's hit it!"

No comments: