Sunday, October 24, 2004

Last night, I drove through the rain and dark to Ann Arbor and spent the evening in the company of the Mountain of Love. We ate slices at N.Y.P.D. and then saw I Heart Huckabees at a very crowded State Theater. Oh dear Bog. If you respect my judgment, if you value my opinion at all, do not see this movie. It was beyond dreadful. I have often expressed my loathing of Austin Powers in Goldmember by saying that I laughed a grand total of four times; I did not laugh once during the two hours of Huckabees, a self-proclaimed "existential comedy." Horrible is not a sufficient word.

The Mountain and I also talked about the break-up with the Conchshell, now more than a month in the past. Because of my opinion of the relationship while it existed, it is a touchy subject, and thus the delay.

The Queue
Stephen F. Hayes, The Connection
Thomas Harris, Red Dragon
Thomas Harris, The Silence of the Lambs
Tobias Wolff, Old School
Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt
Nick Hornby, Fever Pitch
Tobias Wolff, This Boy's Life
Michael Ledeen, Freedom Betrayed
or
Harrison Salisbury, The 900 Days

Vote For Kodos - Countdown: 9 Days
A point: I detest Oliver North because he lied to Congress during the Iran-Contra hearings. A very young John Kerry lied to Congress during Senator Fulbright's 1971 anti-Vietnam War hearings. So, would I not be a hypocrite for detesting Oliver North, but not detesting John Kerry? At the same time, if you do not detest John Kerry, must you also not detest Oliver North? Ha ha, John Kerry supporters like Oliver North!

Just because I mock and deride Congress doesn't mean it's okay to lie to Congress. That goes for both Lieutenant Colonel North and Senator Kerry.

H-A-N
Have an elementary night.

No comments: