Monday, October 25, 2004

Today is the 150th anniversary of the Charge of the Light Brigade. Here's another hyperlink. Why does the Charge of the Light Brigade still matter? Because it was referenced on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, damn it.

The League of Nations
I can't believe I missed it, but yesterday was United Nations Day. Wow, fifty-nine years of spineless squabbling and defiant inaction in the face of genocide. Congratulations, UN, for consistently failing to live up to the ideals on which you were founded. It should of course be noted that while 70,000 have starved or been slaughtered in Darfur, Sudan continues to hold a seat on the UN Human Rights Commission. Kofi Annan's moral authrority indeed.

Vote For Kodos - Countdown: 8 Days
The latest polls suggest that President Bush is holding a small lead over Senator Kerry. Sometimes this lead is within the margin or error, sometimes it is only one of two percentage points above the margin or error. This is a very, very tight race. And of course, it is entirely possible that the pollsters have no idea how to accurately gauge the sentiment of the large number of newly registered voters. I, however, remain confident for two reasons: 1) I have always said that in a tight race, we (the evil GOP) will prevail. I will not lose faith in that assessment now. 2) In my estimation the Democrats and their surrogates have become increasingly shrill, which I take as a sign of desperation and weakness.

Fun is fun, but even I will be glad when Election Day is behind us.

H-A-N
Have a tuned-in night.

No comments: