Sunday, October 3, 2004

Vote For Kodos
For all my harsh criticism of Spain, New Zealand, and the colossal corruption and ineptitude at the United Nations, you all know that I care deeply about international events, and that I describe myself as an internationalist. For Bog's sake, I'm trying to get a job at the State Department! With that in mind, I have what I feel are legitimate questions about Senator Kerry's statement in Thursday's debate that before the United States acts, such action must pass a "global test." My main question is, what is that test? All year long, the Democrats have mockingly compared President George W. Bush's "Coalition of the Willing" to President George H.W. Bush's massive Gulf War coalition. The Gulf War coalition had an explicit UN mandate to liberate Kuwait and was so broad that it even included French forces, specifically the Foreign Legion. Even the collapsing Soviet Union did not object. If ever there was a moment when the whole world (except the Palestinians, who backed Saddam Hussein) spoke with one voice, it was the 1991 Gulf War, a.k.a. Operations DESERT SHIELD and DESERT STORM. If the Gulf War did not pass the "global test," nothing could.

So, why is it John Kerry voted AGAINST the Gulf War? Here is the legislation and here is Senator Kerry's "nay" vote.

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
Expecting the Northwestern-Ohio State game to be a non-event, I was unaware of how it was going until I decided to check the score and found the game in the early fourth quarter. To my surprise, Northwestern was winning. I watched the fourth quarter and the ensuing overtime with great joy. Glee even. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I suppose you can only win games by the skin of your teeth for so long before it catches up with you. Excellent... excellent....

University of Michigan Wolverines
"The" Ohio State University Buckeyes
Michigan State University Spartans
Purdue University Boilermakers
Indiana University Hoosiers
Pennsylvania State University Nittany Lions
University of Illinois Fighting Illini
Northwestern Univesity Wildcats
University of Iowa Hawkeyes
University of Wisconsin Badgers
University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

H-A-N
Have a microscopic night.

No comments: