Thursday, March 11, 2004

Hello, Kitty
So, now that the weather's a bit less formidable, Sammy has been agitating to be let out on a regular basis. Never mind the fact that it's fifty degrees and he wants to come back in within ten minutes. And now he's madly running around trying to scratch things. You stupid wanker, you haven't had claws since you were a kitten. Is it good or bad when you start saying to your cat, "Come on, follow me, you daft bastard"?

Z.D.A.D.
It is important to understand that even though every Wednesday we here at the Secret Base do our best to celebrate Zooey Deschanel Appreciation Day, that does not mean Parker Posey has been eclipsed as my favorite actor (female). It's just that she was dreadfully underutilized in A Mighty Wind, for which I'm still peeved at Christopher Guest, and her next project is *gag me* Blade: Trinity. So, it's a bit hard to be excited these days. Plus, Ms. Deschanel is starring in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which is wicked awesome!

Of all the actors in Hollywood, those two almost certainly have the best names.

"The snow is coming down on our Midwestern town,
But it hasn't been falling for long.
What else is new? What could I do?
But lament that it will all melt soon,
and I'll be blue."
--with apologies to Fountains of Wayne, lyrics based on their "Valley Winter Song" from Welcome Interstate Managers

Confessions of a Former X-Phile
Okay, okay, so I never EVER called myself an X-Phile, whereas I do proudly proclaim myself a Trekkie, but I did watch and enjoy the first few seasons of the show. Now I have to ask myself, why? It's garbage. Pretentious, terminally serious, self-obsessed garbage. Even though I was in high school at the time and can fairly claim that I was just a stupid kid, I'm still embarrassed that I ever enjoyed this crap. Jumpin' Jack Pratt, this is awful!

No comments: