Monday, March 1, 2004

February 29
How was your Leap Day? Mine was pretty sweet overall. I woke up in time to go to 10 o'clock Mass, which means for a Sunday I was up pretty stinking early; I honestly like going to Mass, much more so than my attendence record would indicate, but getting up that early (on a Sunday) is never fun. Add to that my father's obnoxiousness upon my return and the day got off to a rocky start. But the pure goodness of Leap Day could not be denied! After getting the anger at my dad out of my system (thanks to the cathartic effects of blogging), I was lying on my bed listening to Flogging Molly's Drunken Lullabies and reading Jimmy Buffett's piece "Let Us Prey" from the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue when I was overwhelmed by the spirit of Leap Day. All was right with the world in that one moment.

Later, I cloistered myself in the cubbyhole where my HAL lives and got the biographical data for The Newsletter Online sent off to ye olde webmaster, the Pikachu Tamer.

Man, I cannot wait for Wes Anderson's The Life Aquatic. Rushmore, The Royal Tenebaums, The Life Aquatic will complete the trifecta! (Bottle Rocket, while not the equal of the latter films, is a fun movie and was a solid first effort.)

No comments: