Monday, March 15, 2004

I fell asleep last night by 1am. I can't remember that last time I fell asleep that early. It felt good, though, after spending the better part of the day feeling vaguely off.

While I was in the shower this morning, my mom stuck her head into the bathroom and apologized for biting my head off last night. Wow, that was unexpected.

Vote For Kodos
Babar, King of the Elephants
President George W. Bush of Texas (seven commercials)

Donkey Punch
Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts (one commercial)
the gadfly
Representative Dennis Kucinich of Ohio
the quitters
"The Reverend" Al Sharpton of New York
Senator John Edwards of North Carolina
fmr. Governor Howard Dean of Vermont
fmr. General Wesley Clark of Arkansas
Senator Joseph Lieberman of Connecticut
Representative Dick Gephardt of Missouri
fmr. Senator Carol Mosely Braun of Illinois
Senator Bob Graham of Florida
I think I'm considering ditching "the quitters." "The gadfly" will stick around as long as the gadfly himself sticks around.

So, as I'm sitting here typing, I've got ESPN on in the background. During a break in Around the Horn, the Liz Phair song "Extraordinary" was featured in a commercial for the NCAA Women's tourney. The funny part? They kept jumping around, skipping abour half the lyrics since they are the sort of thing that these days brings the FCC down on your head. Ha! Hilarious. What I'd really like to see is a commercial featuring "H.W.C."

Gaius Julius Caesar
The conquerer of the Gauls, the man who restored order to the Republic and laid the foundation for the Empire, was assassinated on this day, the Ides of March, two thousand forty-eight years ago, in 44 B.C. Let that stand as a warning to all those who place their own glory before SPQR.

No comments: