Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Vote For Kodos - Special Whack-A-Mole Edition
Alright, you bleeding heart, tax-and-spend, tree-hugging liberal pukes, I've got a proposal that's going to make you forget all about your next anti-globalization rally for "economic justice." I'm going to let you convince me to become a Democrat and vote for Senator Kerry in this fall's presidential contest. As that rarest of creatures, a socially liberal Republican, most of my friends (at least those with political views) are damn dirty lefties, or "southpaws" as The Watergirl calls herself. I prefer "pinko-commies" myself.

So, the challenge goes out to you pinkos: convince me why my often reluctant support for President Bush and the Grand Old Party is misguided. A lefty-mole will be selected and I, acting as righty-mole, will engage them in a debate on this very blog. To nominate yourself as the champion of the center-left, email rebelblackdot@yahoo.com with "Whack-A-Mole" as the subject. Make your case. In seven days I will pick the respondant I feel makes the most articulate, informed, and well-reasoned argument for him- or herself. The lefty's stance on a particular issue will be posted here at the Secret Base, followed by my rebuttal. I want to give you sad sacks a fighting chance; so, I will honestly pick the strongest possible opponent. If none of you feel up to the challenge, feel free to recruit an outside ringer.

In the words of Senator Kerry, paraphrasing President Bush, "Bring it on."*

A Bit of Romance
"I wanna sink to the bottom with you,
I wanna sink to the bottom with you,
The ocean is big and blue,
I just wanna sink to the bottom with you."
--Fountains of Wayne, "Sink to the Bottom" from Fountains of Wayne

*Also note that Bring It On, aside from being cholk full of hotties, is actually pretty funny.

No comments: