Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Colin Powell sez "Get Lost!"
Well, it's official, I'm a loser. I got my results back for the Foreign Service Written Examination and my score was not sufficient to advance me to the Foreign Service Oral Assessment. By Lucifer's beard! To be honest, I did so well on the practice exams that I didn't really consider not advancing as a serious possibility. Well, poo. Looks like a bleak future of crushing monotony for me, wasting the formerly precious hours of my life behind the counter at a Kwik-E-Mart. *sigh* I had a future once. Now I suppose I'll have to actually buckle down and improve myself. Curses!

Zooey Deschanel Appreciation Day
Can you see the Deschanel Difference? Elf was hilarious. Anchorman was dreadful (almost as bad as Starsky & Hutch). Both were Will Ferrell vehicles; so, what was the difference? Why was one grand and the other pathetic? One word: NARWHAL! Another possibility is that only one of those films co-starred Ms. Deschanel. Of course, I mean no offense to Christina Applegate, but the simple fact is that she just isn't Zooey Deschanel and thus does not bring any of that trademark Deschanel goodness to her roles. On the other hand, it's just as well that Ms. Deschanel was not in Anchorman, since when not dressed up as an oversized elf, I think it is obvious to one and all that Mr. Ferrell is just a tad too old for her; or, at least a tad too old for it not to be creepy.

The only thing I didn't like about King Arthur is that Clive Owen is almost exactly twice as old as Keira Knightley.

Crap
Home Grown

H-A-D
Have a graduation day.

No comments: