Saturday, July 3, 2004

Spidey for Me
I saw Spider-Man 2 with the 'rents last night. Woo hoo! It was truly excellent. What really surprised me were the Sam Raimi moments. I mean, obviously, Mr. Raimi directed both Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 - and quite expertly at that - but the first movie was pretty straightlaced. Many other directors could have done a very similar job. Certainly, there were touches of pure Raimi - Bruce Campbell, that ugly yellow car, Ted Raimi - but only in Spider-Man 2 were there moments that only he could have done. The scene in the operating room was almost straight out of The Evil Dead. I won't say any more because I don't want to ruin anything for anyone who hasn't seen it, but you'll know what I'm talking about. Well, at least the Mountain will.

Spidey for Everyone
Spider-Man 2 features cameos or minor roles by:
Daniel Dae Kim!
Emily Deschanel!
Hal Sparks!
Phil Lamarr!
and returning as Betty Brant:
Elizabeth Banks!

Crap
Dashboard Confessional (Though I will admit that "Vindicated," which plays over the end credits of Spider-Man 2, is much better than the awful "Hero" heard over the end credits of the first movie.)
H-A-D
Have an alarming day.

No comments: