Sunday, July 4, 2004

INDEPENDENCE DAY!
Happy birthday, America! On this date in A.D. 1776, the human race declared that it would no longer be held under the sway of petty kings and tyrants; that only the consent of the people was a legitimate basis of government; and that if these inalienable rights ("unalienable"? screw you, Jefferson) were not given freely, they would be claimed by force of arms, even if that means a ragtag army from thirteen deeply divided colonies must fight the most powerful empire in the world. Today is America's day, but also a beacon for all the world. Happy birthday, baby, you're still beautiful after 228 years!

While making my dinner last night, I burned the top of my left hand. Geeze, if I was going to burn my hand, I would have preferred to have done it with a firecracker, rather than an oven. Then again, if I burned my hand doing something as simple as baking a frozen pizza, I probably would have blown the damn thing clean off with a firecracker.

No comments: