Friday, September 3, 2004

Carlos the Jackal
If I ever become a freelance international terrorist, my first target will be PayPal, Inc. The Plate just sent me some money for The Newsletter. So, I had to jump through an entire collection of hoops to sign up for a PayPal account, only to learn that my account was not sufficient to allow me to receive payments. Then what the fuck was the point of signing up for an account? So, I updated my account, they refused to send me a check (apparently, my postal address isn't good enough for them), and now they should be routing the funds to my bank account. Of course, had The Plate sent me a check, I would have received the full $50.00 he sent; but, because he chose to use PayPal, those bastards took their cut and now I will be receiving $48.25. Does this make sense to anyone? What the fuck is the point of this? Side by side:

Had he sent me a check through the mail, it would have taken 2 days to get to me and been deposited or cashed the next day. The cost of a stamp is $0.37. Net: $49.63 in 3 days.

Because he sent the money through PayPal, it will take 4 days to transfer the funds to my bank account, and this only after those rat bastards take their blood money, $1.75. Net: $48.25 in 4 days.

In sum, you have to be a TOTAL FUCKING MORON to think PayPal is a good idea. If anyone ever sends me money through PayPal again, I swear to God in Heaven that the very next time I see them, I will fucking punch them in the face.

H-A-N
Have a toasted night.

No comments: