Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Vote For Kodos
I need to spend more like listening to Richard Holbrooke. I had complete forgotten that before March 2003, no Arab nation or individual had even committed a single act of violence against the United States or Americans abroad. Before the unilateral American invasion of Iraq (Great Britain, Italy, and Poland being the 51st-53rd states), every single Arab nation on Earth was governed by a strong, democratic government and was rapidly completing programs of economic modernization and social liberalization; it was only after America attacked all Muslims worldwide that oppressive regimes came to power. How could I have been so blind as to not see the truth Holbrooke was spouting? There was no more peaceful or stable a region on Earth as the Middle East before George Bush threw a temper tantrum and overthrew the government of Iraq.

I've just returned from johnkerry.com, where I learned that in a Kerry Administration France and Germany will committ large numbers of troops to Iraq and NATO will take over primary responsbility for training Iraqi security forces. Wow! That's incredible! The site also asked me if I wanted to buy the Brooklyn Bridge, which I had better do quickly, because it is a limited time offer.

I also learned it is President Bush's fault that people are dying in Darfur. Apparently, W. has the authority to order the UN Security Council to act to end the genocide in Darfur and has chosen not to. The President commands the UN Security Council? Shit, that's great news! Has anyone told him this? I thought the Security Council was composed on representatives of many sovereign nations, some of which have publically announced their desire to serve as an obstruction to American power (that is the honest to God public position of France); I had no idea it was an agency of the American Executive Branch. This is great! The Security Council will be all kinds of effective now!

No comments: