Tuesday, September 28, 2004

"Real/simulated evil Lincoiln is baaack!"

Help John Kerry!
This is an open call for submissions to The Newsletter. In the late October issue, I will be writing a column expressing and explaining my support for President Bush and my intention to vote for him on Election Day. In the interest of a balance, because I feel I owe The Newsletter's audience the opportunity to hear from both sides, I would like to publish a column expressing and explaining support for Senator Kerry. Unfortunately, I cannot find a Kerry supporter. To be more specific, I know and have located many who intend to vote for Senator Kerry, but I cannot find one who will submit that support for publication.

And so, though there is heavy overlap with those I have already asked, I turn to you, you poor saps who read this inane blog, and ask for your help. Surely one of you believes that if I publish a column in support of W., it is in everyone's interest to present a column in support of Kerry. Please, explain in a maximum of 800 words why you intend to vote for John Kerry and why John Kerry shoudl be President of the United States. If you are unwilling to attach your name to this column, I am willing to publish it anonymously or under a pseudonym. Please help me present both sides.

My Bush column will not be a rebuttal of the theoretical Kerry column, it will be written in isolation; no one who submits to The Newsletter will be in any way taunted here on the Secret Base (thanks, Never Girl!); John Ashcroft's thugs will not take you away in the middle of the night, though Rummy's henchmen might...; you have nothing to lose, and so much to gain. Ask anyone who has ever submitted to The Newsletter, it's much more fun than it should be. Please help me present a balanced view of the upcoming election.

If interested or if you have any questions, email sonofthenewsletter@yahoo.com.

And no matter what you do, no matter what policial agenda you support, please vote on November 2. Unless you're a Democrat, for you guys the election is on November 3. *wink*

The Netflix Project
Thanks to an invitation and complimentary month of rentals from Daddy Dylweed, today I received my first batch of movies from Netflix. I have never signed up for Netflix for the very simple reason that I simply can't justify $22 a month for movie rentals; I just don't watch that many rented movies. For free though, I'll take it! I'll let you know how it turns out.

My Netlix Queue:
Hellboy - Saw it in theaters. Multiple times.
Walking Tall
Eurotrip
Matchstick Men
Not Another Teen Movie
Titus
Richard III
Henry V - Rented it years ago.
Much Ado About Nothing
The Limey - Rented it a couple years ago; Terrence Stamp is fucking awesome! Plus, Luis Guzman! Holy shit!
Sleepy Hollow - Saw it in theaters.
Run Lola Run

I know, an odd combination of formulaic-looking teen comedies and Shakespeare. What can I say? I'm a rotund man of erratic/eclectic tastes.

The Cloak's World
One of my favorite heroes (from amongst my creations) is the Green Machine. Mike Nordstrom has an alien computer lodged in his brain, which he calls the Green Meanie; together they are the Green Machine. The Meanie is the sophisticated artificial intelligence at the heart of an advanced piece of Martian military hardware, a cutting edge Deimos-type Planetary Annihilator. The Meanie might be from another dimension, or maybe a remnant of our Mars... which was sent into another dimension by the Pax... er, something. I have a lot of ideas to sort out/discard. In any event, within the Meanie are a number of sub-artificial intelligences, one of which, Defensive Combat Protocol A.13, acts as a sort of sidekick, known as The Martian. In my beloved tradition of men falling in love with things that aren't quite girls, The Martian has a female persona, which Mike Nordstrom has nicknamed "Marvin."

In his own words: "I'm in love with a girl named Marvin. And she isn't even a girl!"

In the same vein, the White Cross is in love with the bioengineered warrior Nautilus. I mean, Nautilus is a lifeform, she's just an artifical construct of the Aquans, not a traditional biological being.

No comments: