Monday, December 15, 2003

Things to consider: were we currently in the third year of the Gore Administration, Saddam Hussein would still be sitting quite comfortably in what is now Paul Bremer's office. For all of his flaws, President Bush at least follows FDR's advice, "Whatever you do, do something. If that turns out to be the wrong thing, do something else. But don't just do nothing, do something."

Pow! Biff! Pang!
There are a lot of movies based on comic books these days, both for good and for ill.
X-Men (2000) - man, what a great movie
Ghost World (2000) - haven't yet seen it, but I intend to
Spider-Man (2002) - you're the man, Sam Raimi
Daredevil (2003) - this movie sucked, and not because of Affleck, surprisingly enough
X2 (2003) - everything that was right about the first movie, and it corrected the minor flaws
The Hulk (2003) - sucked ass
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003) - turn your brain off and have some fun; sidenote, Alan Moore sucks
~The Punisher (2004) - I would not see this movie for love or money
~Hellboy (2004) - I've never read a Hellboy comic, but I adore the trailer
~The Amazing Spider-Man (2004) - this should be awesome
~"Batman 5" (2005) - Christian Bale is going to make a great Dark Knight

I am a Christian. Forgiveness is the foundation of Christianity. I am not very good with forgiveness. Thus, I am not a very good Christian. (Snappy response: yeah, that's why I'm Catholic.) However, I've decided that I need to work on forgiveness. Thus, I am no longer mad at Rick Berman, the guru of all things Star Trek, for the nasty things he said about about the last two seasons of Deep Space Nine. Berman is the man who guided The Next Generation to greatness, and though he co-created Voyager, he also co-created both DS9 and Enterprise. On balance, he has done far more good than harm. And so, in an uncharacteristic move, I forgive him.

No comments: