Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Dark Lord of the Seth
It has been brought to my attention by my friend and old Gargoyle chum Dr. Seth that on Sunday, I mistitled Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith as Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Seth. Best. Typo. Ever. And make no mistake, the Dark Side of the Force is strong in young Seth, the Dark Side and Hee-Haw.

The Gargoyle, for you poor, deprived souls who may not know, is the University of Michigan's official campus humor magazine, founded way back in 1909. Largely due to the fact that The Gargoyle was only available for purchase, whereas other campus humor rags were free, our circulation was very small and we were not as well known as the poor man's version/rip-off of The Onion, The Michigan Every Three Weekly (the name was a play on the school paper, The Michigan Daily). Nevertheless, the staff of the Gargoyle was where I met Neutral Man, and during my three years with the organization, as a writer and eventually lathargic Business Manager, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. We weren't widely read, but we had a damn good time. The F.R.A.T. Party was originally launched as a promotional stunt for The Gargoyle, until it all went terribly wrong as I was actually elected to the Michigan Student Assembly (the incredibly self-possessed student council).

Democracy: it's all fun and games until someone get elected.

Found Objects
Because I'm too lazy to actually think up interesting content, I now present the CDs that are sitting next to my HAL.

The Peacocks, It's Time For The Peacocks
The Nijas, Platypus
Mu330, Chumps on Parade
Mu330, Crab Rangoon
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Are a Drag

H-A-N
Have a cozy night.

No comments: