Tuesday, September 7, 2004

Vote For Kodos
Pat Buchanan is against the war in Iraq. If that's not a good reason to support it, I don't know what is.

Hello, Kitty: Salvation
Thank Bog! We didn't have to put Sammy to sleep! While he is still walking with a substantial limp, it now seems that he is either suffering an arthritic inflamation or he has suffered a nasty fall. His symptoms don't indicate a blog clot, and there is no external evidence that he was mauled by another animal; so, most likely he fell (missed a jump?) and hurt himself. The vet gave him an antiinflamatory injection and now he is getting around with less difficulty. I mean, he's still moving very tenderly and tentatively, but way better than yesterday; he is not whining nearly as much and he is much more alert. I was so scared last night. He could barely walk and he seemed almost comatose when lying down; I woke up this morning convinced that we were going to have to put him down. I'm going to be more upset when Sam dies than when any of my grandparents* (three in the last five years) died. But hurray, Sammy lives!

We've got to get a new litter box as the lip of his current box is high enough to cause him difficulty. He can climb over it, but not as easily as just a few days ago. I feel bad that I wasn't here when he hurt himself, but that's just irrational guilt. (I'm Catholic.) I wonder what he did. I hope he keeps getting better, because if he retains his current limp, well, that's just sad. But hurray, he's alive! I love that fucking cat.

Nickname I'm most fond of (just devised yesterday!): Y the Last Man. Piss off, you wankers, I'm sure Kiel gets it.

H-A-N
Have an unravelling night.

No comments: