Tuesday, March 30, 2004

After the Bonanza: Day 3
Woo and hoo, I am finally comfortable with looking like myself again.

Last night before I went to bed, I watched Terry Gilliam's Time Bandits. I first saw significant portions of the movie over a decade ago, when I was eleven or twleve, and at the time it weirded me out beyond belief. It was the strangest, most confusing thing I'd ever seen! Now that I'm older, pretend to be wiser, and have seen it from beginning to end, I realize it is brilliant. As are Gilliam's other films. To my knowledge, I have seen four, in order of viewing: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Twelve Monkeys, Brazil, and Time Bandits. All brilliant. Plus, the movie I most want to see but can't because it does not (yet) exist is The Man Who Killed Don Quixote. Terry Gilliam is in the running for Favourite Director Who Isn't George Lucas.

Vote For Kodos - Special Whack-A-Mole Edition
So far, there are two applicants. Not surprisingly, both are affiliated with Blue Tree Whacking, because BTW folks are bolder, braver, and more extroverted than non-BTW (a.k.a. boring) folks. Surprisingly, both are affiliated with Blue Tree Whacking, because BTW folks have historically tended to a) not subscribe to any identifiable political philosophy and b) as a group, not vote. "Lefty" will be chosen tomorrow and shortly thereafter the bid to convert me to a Democratic voter shall begin.

H-A-D
Have a captivating day.

No comments: