Wednesday, March 24, 2004

{Left Behind}
Tau'ri
Walking Around
Set

Sarcophagus
Hathor

Canopic Jar
Osiris
Isis
Sekmet

Elsewhere
Sarcophagus
Marduk

Canopic Jar
Egeria

Banzai Beard Bonanza: Day 84
My senior year of high school, we spend what felt like six weeks reading Tom Stoppard's vapid Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead (it certainly felt like we spend more time on it than on Hamlet itself). To prevent a boredom-induced mass suicide pact among my fellows in AP English, we performed a number of the scenes in class, complete with some level of costuming. I read the part of King Claudius, the murderer of Hamlet's father and usurper of the throne and queen. In that capacity, I wore a huge fake beard. The BBB has confirmed what I noticed then: my face, for good or ill, is well-suited to a beard. In a way, I'll miss this monstrosity.

H-A-D
Have a birthday.

No comments: