Friday, January 17, 2003

The Flying Dutchman and I went in to Little Caesar's to sate his need for crazy bread and we almost got our asses kicked! The guy behind the counter just struck me as funny so I had a little smile on my face, and the clerk looked up at me and said, menacingly, "Something funny, guys?" This guy was a hardcore bottomfeeder. I looked at the Dutchman and figuring I couldn't come up with a good lie quickly enough, I said, "You have no idea how exciting this is for him. He hasn't had crazy bread in like what? Four years?" He nodded, "Yeah, I haven't had crazy bread since high school." The guy's expression broke, he smiled and laughed a little, "Well, I hope you enjoy it." We thanked the guy and broke into hysterical laughter as soon as we were in the safety of the Flying Dutchman's Jimmy.

Winston Churchill once said, "There is nothing quite so exciting as being shot at and missed." This is true. The Flying Dutchman and I, today we enjoyed the suburban equivalent.

No comments: