Thursday, January 30, 2003

We had a rash of injuries at work tonight. Three accident reports in five hours of basketball is more stimulation than I require, thank you very much. This one guy cracked his head on his friend's metal knee brace and his melon just wouldn't stop bleeding. I mean, after fifteen minutes of direct pressure it did stop bleeding, but not before leaving a sizable puddle on the gym floor. I don't like it when people bleed, but there's something I really like about the sight of blood; it is the most amazingly rich red. I know, I'm a freak. (Oddly, I like blood, but I've always been bored by the concept of vampires.)

I was all set to write a really long entry in my journal tonight, but then I got sidetracked by talking to Linz for a couple hours. She was weird tonight, but I can't put my finger on how. It's probably unfair to her how often I talk about her here. She thinks I should try to date Lifeguard Girl. Dude, LG Girl is nineteen. Even if she'd have me I couldn't date a teenager. It would be weird and wrong and just not something I could be a part of. So, she told me to wait until she turns twenty. Lindsay's parents came out to visit her last week; they had dinner with her boyfriend's mom. He's important enough to her to meet the parents; she is so going to marry Jake.

I threw Elizabeth the lifeguard into the pool today for no other reason than I thought it would be fun to do so. And it was. I told her I was going to throw her in (there was nothing she could do about it, she's 5'3" and maybe 110 lbs.) and that she should strip down to her suit; so, while I feel a little guilty about throwing her in, I don't feel guilty about getting her guard shirt and warm-ups wet. Hee hee. (I'm not a total bastard. By way of apology, I let her go home an hour early and I guarded water polo in her place. Stupid conscience.)

Today was a good day in comics, especially The Flash and Gotham Central.

No comments: