Saturday, January 18, 2003

So, Neutral Man's friend, whom we shall call Neutral Girl, is here for the weekend. I'm trying to be nice to her, but she speaks so softly I can barely hear a word she's saying. Anyway, I have named her Neutral Girl for two reasons: a) she's been Neutral Man's friend for years, so I have to assume she is similarly inclined in not expressing her opinions and b) Neutral Man loves comic books. (Plus, in the aftermath of his breakup with Miss Missy and Neutral Girl's breakup with her Miss Missy-esque boyfriend, Neutral Man has been talking to her rather frequently. Over break he made his move, but apparently she isn't yet ready for another relationship.) Good luck, Neutral Man!

After yesterday's troubles, I'm happy to report that the crazy bread was everything the Flying Dutchman had hoped it would be, making the near beating well worth our while.

Party tonight at Macho Grande (the Mountain's apartment), though a part of me also wants to go out to the bar. If I can do that first, great, but the most important thing is to get to Macho Grande in time for the Bald Mountain to breath fire. Of course, I'd be nice to make sure I get out of the house before Bachelorette No. 3 calls; she caught me off guard yesterday and though my memory is a little fuzzy (because I zoned out and was unconsciously saying, "Uh huh," "Yeah," "Well, why hang out with them if they just piss you off?" [now, that's irony]), I think she might have said she might call tonight. Yeah, that's two mights, but that's not enough security for me. Yeah, I know I should stop whining about this since it's my fault for trying to be nice to her in the first place, but that's not going to happen; so, if you don't like it, go read something else. Like, this.

No comments: