Sunday, January 12, 2003

Woo hoo! Now I can watch Futurama five days a week! After years of getting dicked over by Fox, finally Cartoon Network is showing Matt Groening's black sheep the respect it deserves; darn tootin' I'm excited. How could I not love Futurama? It's an amalgamation of two of my most favoritest things: The Simpsons and science fiction. Hurray!

In other news, last night Neutral Man and I went out to the Arbor Brewing Company. He'd wanted to go to Leopold Bros., but gave up once he realized it wasn't as empty as the last time he'd been there (during the summer). Gee, Brad, a crowded bar on a Saturday night? We had a fine time, but we both faux lamented the lack of girls to pursue; of course, neither of us is the kind of guy who talks to random girls in bars anyway. If, somehow, we'd wanted that we would have gone to a bar closer to campus. It was smooth, thick, and tasty, but still the best thing about my beer was the name. From the "Strong Beer Selections" menu, I had a Steamroller Russian Imperial Stout. Hot damn.

I wanted to celebrate Guy Fawkes Day, but then I discovered it's a rather militantly anti-Catholic holiday and I just can't be party to that. Curses! I really wanted to celebrate it, though; it's the only holiday of which I'm aware to feature burning a man in effigy as the central observance.

This should be a song: "Zap Brannigan Meets Brick Malloy!" (A name shamelessly stolen from my literary idol, Alfred "Winner of the very first Hugo Award" Bester.)

No comments: