Monday, January 20, 2003

The Weekend
The party at Macho Grande was fucking sweet! Neutral Man, Neutral Girl, and the Flying Dutchman fucking ditched me to go see a midnight show of Monty Python and the Holy Grail at the State, but the party kicked ass anyway. Also, schadenfreude, Grizzly Adams ruined their moviegoing experience, which makes me happy to no end; I understand the allure of The Holy Grail, but both the Flying Dutchman and I have it on DVD and Neutral Man loves parties at Macho Grande. Their loss.

The party (cont'd). The Bald Mountain breathed fire three separate times, fortunately not burning his face off in the process. He used a torch, whereas previously I had only seen him use a lighter, and that made everything a lot more dangerous as the flame liked to follow the alcohol stream back toward his face. Still, he walked away unharmed, and on some level I am grateful to the Professor for teaching him, since it brings him such great joy.

Bachelorette No. 3. Ugh. Listen, I don't mean to sound like a total fuck here, but all I get out of our friendship is listening to her bitch about her friends. We'll start talking about something else, books, for instance, but then randomly she'll segue back to her depressing life. It would be one thing if I could lean over and just start making out with her, but as things stand, I'm getting absolutely nothing out of this.

Neutral Girl, it turns out, is actually quite cool. As I quoted to Neutral Man shortly before her departure this afternoon, "It's hard not to like her." It seems as if Grizzly Adams is now stalking her, which sucks, but we did get one really funny story out of it, though I shan't relate it now. Neutral Girl, the Flying Dutchman, Neutral Man, and I had brunch at Large Man today; we all got the breakfast bar. I love Large Man! (Both Danny Clark and the Evil Princess independently named the Big Boy in Grand Blanc "Large Man"; so, now I call all Big Boys Large Men. It's funny to me.)

There's a Genesee County All-Stars game tonight. Purman will be in goal and Lube will be there, which should free up G for defense and Palmer as both a middie and a forward (he's got that ever so tricky left-handed shot). We probably won't equal last week's 18-1 trouncing, but I'm confident in our victory. I, at least, will be a bastard on D.

No comments: