Monday, January 27, 2003

Genesee County All-Stars 1, Pi Kappa Alpha 0 (forfeit)
Son of a bitch! I wanted to play! Still, we had ten guys there, plus two Pikes; so, we had a five-on-five scrimmage, plus goalies. Regarding the scrimmage, let me say this: I would hate to have to play us. We are tough fuckers. True, we played rougher/cheated more than we would in a normal game, but either way we're stiff competitors. Tad is strong as hell at forward, and the Mountain occupies a ton of space on defense. Some of the teams I saw on Thursday, the other night teams from our divison play, appear to be formidable, but until tonight I had forgotten just how fearsome we can be. Our eventual victory is far from assured, but I say again that I would hate to have to play us. Tonight's All-Stars: Barkey, Sal, Martel, Lube, the Bald Mountain, Dave, Palmer, G, Tad, and I; missing: Purman and Keanu. Damn, it we all show up, we have almost enough for two whole squads. Next year, we only lose Sal, Martel, and me. Crap, we're losing a lot of offense with Kevin and possibly our best two-way middie in Sal; we'll just have to hope the kids can step up and maybe bring in some more new blood. I want the Genesee County All-Stars to be a dynasty that outlives my Methuselahesque tenure at Michigan. Still, the present demands my attention and soon we enter the playoffs with our first perfect record.

I've been really bad about returning emails lately; so, if you should have heard from me and haven't, please don't take it personally. I'm a broad-based, equal opportunity jerk.

No comments: