Monday, April 12, 2004

From this afternoon's drive out to Durand to pick up The Last Angry Van after having an exhaust leak remedied: "Remember, Michael, when the man asks you if you want to get old, say 'No.'" The saddest part of my relationship with my father is when it's good it is so good.

"Got fed up, decided to leave after one last drink,
Felt a tap on my left shoulder and started to think...
I can't take this anymore,
What will this line be?
That's when he let his line fly,
'Hi, my name is Steve.'
Where have you been all of my life, sweet thing?
Can I buy you a drink, marry you, anything?

We've heard one too many over used pick up lines.
Give us some credit, we're not sleazy, dumb, or blind."
--Dance Hall Crashers, "Pick Up Lines"

Man oh man, Karina's hot.

Star Wars
My position on this is pretty clear. If you don't like Star Wars, I don't want to know you. I don't wish you any particular ill-will ("I'm a well-wisher in that I wish you no specific harm."), I just don't want you within fifty yards of my life. You don't have to love Star Wars as much as I do, but there is something seriously wrong with anyone who does not at least like Star Wars. I mean, come on! Darth Vader. Han Solo. Princess Leia in a metal bikini. Lando fucking Calrissian. Lightsabers. Yoda. Chewbacca. Not one, but two, count 'em two, Death Stars. Wave after wave of faceless Stormtroopers. Wedge. Wedge!

Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi was released in 1983. VCRs have been plentiful since the mid-1980s. That's twenty years. If you haven't seen Star Wars, the only reasonable conclusion is that you don't want to see Star Wars. And if that's the case... well, I think it's pretty clear where we all stand.

No comments: