Friday, April 2, 2004

I Don't Trust Clark Kent
I do not like Fox News, but I respect their honesty. Fox News is nakedly partisan, promoting a conservative agenda and, thus, the Republican Party. The network news divisions (ABC, CBS, NBC), the twenty-four hour cable news channels (CNN, MSNBC), the majority of the print media (specifically the plagarism-prone The New York Times and The Washington Post), and even my beloved public media (NPR moreso than PBS) are liberally biased; where they falter is that they clearly promote a very specific political agenda whilest cloaking themselves in the garb of objectivity. Don't make me laugh. Fox News is illiterate, reactionary, pigheaded, and a nest of jackals (ye gods, why isn't Ollie North in prison for his crimes?), but it does possess the singular virtue of being honest about its preferred point of view.

How did the once venerable profession of journalism ever come to this? When you cannot respect Walter Cronkite, as I do not, something has gone seriously wrong with the system.

No comments: