Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Whack-A-Mole Update
Lefty sez he has something in the works. So, we shall see.

Hello, Kitty
As I was watching the BBC on PBS, waiting for dinner, I noticed Sammy started hissing at the back door. Well, that's odd. I swung my chair around and saw a big, fat black cat less than three feet from Sam. There it was, in broad daylight, standing on our porch giving my cat the evil eye. Sammy hissed again and again, "Blackie's" back arched. After a few moments, Blackie turned away and retreated underneath a sunchair. Sammy stared. Believe you me, Sammy was spoiling for a fight. Blackie had to be at least twice his size (by weight), but in his younger days Sam would have torn him a new one. Had I let him out, I'm certain Sammy would have attacked Blackie, with an uncertain degree of success. You don't know how lucky you are, Blackie. Back in the day the great white hunter would have given you what for. You would have been proper fucked.

Sammy's old and trembly, but from time to time he remembers who he used to be. He may only weight a few pounds, but he's every bit the lion.

No comments: