Thursday, April 22, 2004

I watched "The Siege of AR-558" last night and "The Abandoned" this afternoon. "The Siege of AR-558" is one of the most affecting war stories you could ever see, right up there with Platoon or Band of Brothers. Episodic television, in the right hands, is capable of astounding storytelling.

Peril!
Papa paid out the Benjamins and the Mousemobile rides again! Or, "It's alive, it's alive!" Or, my beloved automobile is once again the Mousemobile that roared! Woo hoo! Mom still hates the wagon (potential names: the Woody Wagon, the Fauxmobile), but it's getting a little tiresome. Yes, Dad bought a car without telling her, but her primary complaint seems to be the damn thing's color; thus, she's coming off as petty and bitchy. Nevertheless, the Mousemobile is repaired, the trany no longer leaks like a sieve, and that's pretty much all I care about. I win!

I suppose if one thinks about it the only reason the Mousemobile has outlived the Pirate Boat and Big Honkey is my father's patronage. After all, if one shelled out the clams the Pirate Boat's rear axle could have been replaced, and though I do not know what specifically caused Big Honkey's recent, and lamentable, demise, but I'm sure it could have been remedied had enough money been thrown at the problem. Darth Vater is an abomination as a human being, but I owe him a great debt for the Mousemobile's continued health. Thanks, Dad.

H-A-D
Have an absurd day.

No comments: