Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Zooey Deschanel Appreciation Day
Even though I'm getting sick and tired of Will Ferrell, I still love the movie Elf. The best part of the film is Ms. Deschanel's rendition of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." She has a lovely voice, yet seems so utterly unlikely to sing such an ardently cheerful song. Just one thing, though: she's about my age, 24; Will Ferrell was born in '67. The thought of them together just, well, it just doesn't sit right. She's not jailbait, but still a tad too young for him. Come on, casting directors, let's get on the same page here.

Sea Fever
The Mountain's senior recital this evening was quite fun. Saw the Mountain of Love, and of course the Conchshell, the All-American Boy, Lus Diddy, the Landau System, Dr. Saban, the Accompanist and the Accompanist's Husband, and the funnest folks in Frankenmuth, Roz and Marty. (They are so cool, I will never understand why they are friends with my parents; that's not a knock against my parents, it's just a fact that they are incredibly not cool.)

Doing my bit for king and country, I had five pieces of pie, one each of chocolate, pumpkin, apple, pecan, and blueberry. One of my most favorite expressions is "There's always room for pie," but I know realize this is not so. That boast is an example of my favorite fault: hubris. I'm feeling okay now, but only because I didn't have any dinner. Oh, I ate so much pie; right after I finished the last piece, it would have taken only a firm jostling for me to have produced "flung spray and blown spewm." *urp*

I do feel as if I've somehow benefitted science, though. I have now conclusively proven that there is not always room for pie.

Dead Wings
Well, I'm glad it won't be necessary to fire Dave Lewis. Excellent effort across the board in games 5 and 6. Good show, old boys. Now, gentlemen, I would prefer that you make the series against Calgary as boring as possible. Domination is nice, but I would prefer that you annihilate the Flames. ANNIHILATE!

Best thing I said all day: "What's the point of having a media empire if it isn't evil?"

2 comments:

Drew said...

Good old dan and casey.

Mike Wilson said...

Nice catch, Drew. By chance, are we acquainted? If not, I'd be pleased to make your acquaintance. Welcome aboard & thanks for reading.