Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Rebel Black Dot Song of the Day: SKApril!


Edna's Goldfish, "Eventually Anyway" from Before You Knew Better (The Last Angry Man)

Skammentary: Edna's Goldfish were one of the first ska bands to break up in those halcyon years following the Summer of Ska, calling it quits in 2000. They have since reformed to play occasional reunion shows, which is neat on its own but especially since the lead singer's post-Goldfish band was called The Reunion Show. There's a lot of failure in ska, just as in life. I'm not referring to Edna's Goldfish's breakup, but to the unrequited love of "Eventually Anyway's" protagonist. Not a lot of romances go well in ska, amidst this life's myriad other failures & disappointments.
"And now I know that you aren't mine…

"Was it you or was it me,
That's making me feel so fucking empty?
Like the bottle I drank last night to ease that pain,
Without you I'll never be the same…"

No comments: